I joined Quora a few months ago but this is the first I’ve used it. I posted my question on there to determine whether I 1.) Had all the actors on the list and 2.) Could phrase the question better.
The original question: “Who are the 21 actors who have appeared in at least three feature films of at least two sets of American trilogies?”
As I’d anticipated, the last clause caused some confusion… probably as much as juxtaposing “clause” and “caused” will. Furthermore, I’d like to change the question to include the 26 actors who fit this criteria.
The revised question (as per the blog post title): “Who are the 26 actors who have appeared in at least 3 feature films of at least 2 sets of trilogies released in the United States?”
I’ll give you some time to think. Or some space, rather. Scroll for the answers.
- Harrison Ford – Star Wars; Indiana Jones
- Sylvester Stallone – Rocky; Rambo
- Talia Shire – Rocky; Godfather
- Hugo Weaving – Rings; Matrix
- Ian McKellan – Rings; X-Men
- Orlando Bloom – Rings; Pirates
- Mel Gibson – Mad Max; Lethal Weapon
- Peter Cushing – Dracula; Frankenstein
- Christopher Lee – Rings; Dracula; Musketeers; Fu Manchu; Star Wars
- Patrick Stewart – Star Trek; X-Men
- Judge Reinhold – Beverly Hills Cop; Santa Clause
- James Earl Jones – Star Wars; Tom Clancy
- Antonio Banderas – Shrek; Spy Kids
- Matt Damon – Bourne; Ocean’s
- Mike Myers – Shrek; Austin Powers
- Eddie Murphy – Shrek; Beverly Hills Cop
- Tim Allen – Santa Clause; Toy Story
- Clint Eastwood – Dollars; Dirty Harry
- Bruce Campbell – Evil Dead; Spider-Man
- Jackie Chan – Rush Hour; Police Story
- Anthony Daniels – Star Wars Original; Star Wars Prequel
- Kenny Baker – Star Wars Original; Star Wars Prequel
- Don Rickles – Beach Party; Toy Story
- Samuel L. Jackson – Marvel Cinematic Universe; Star Wars
- George Kennedy – Naked Gun; Airport
- Frank Oz – Muppets; Star Wars
- I removed Tony Todd from my list as Final Destination 5 doesn’t drop till later this year.
- Enough people consider Star Wars as two sets of trilogies to count it as such. Besides, there are only two actors in all six films. That’s a pretty impressive feat.
- I added George Kennedy and Frank Oz, thanks to my friend Darin Strachan (not on Quora), who has seen every single Best Picture in history, besides Cavalcade, only because it’s not on DVD.
- Quora helped me find Don Rickles and Samuel L. Jackson.
- Samuel L. Jackson is uncredited in Iron Man and Thor. But he’s scheduled to reprise his role as Nick Fury in several upcoming films in the Marvel Cinematic Universe series. Some may not consider this a coherent film series but rather a franchise.
- Also from Quora… Gary Oldman will join the list when the latest Harry Potter movie releases in 2011 and The Dark Knight Rises comes out in 2012.
- Also from Quora… Christopher Lee is the only actor to appear in 3 series – Rings; Dracula; Musketeers.
- Finally from Quora… Ben Stiller will join the list when the latest Madagascar movie releases in 2012.
This list will grow as more actors do more movies. Or as we find more. Especially Christopher Lee. 5! What the frick.
As of now, within Quora or otherwise, I’m proud to say this is the definitive list.